Starting and growing a business needs a continuous flow of finances. For a liquor store in Florida, you must obtain a license first. This article will guide you through the licensing process and getting a loan for liquor store.
In Florida, you have two types of licenses to run the store.
- SFS f/k/a SRX license: It is for services having more than 2500 s/f. They must have more than half of their revenue from items other than liquor. Here the liquor consumption is meant to be on-site.
- Quota license: It is quota-based. It is issued if there is a rise in population by 7500 or more.
You can purchase the quota license with the help of a loan.
Should You Finance It?
As acquiring a liquor license is difficult, you should finance in these two scenarios.
- You are a new business owner and realize you do not have enough funds to acquire the license when your store starts its operation. You might think about short- or long-term loans.
- You already run a business and want to extend your venture. However, you do not have enough capital at hand. You might get a loan.
When decided, here are some facts about the loan.
The payment of a quota license is with small sums, just like in a business loan.
- You can use the quota license as collateral for acquiring a loan. If you are looking for a loan to remodel or consolidate or purchase the license you can use the equity in the license for getting a loan.
- The cost of a license depends upon the county where you want to acquire it. It might vary between hundreds to millions of dollars. Also, there are additional costs of building and inventory involved.
- You might be required to make a down payment to secure it. Other criteria might vary depending on the lenders.
- License approval time typically varies between 20 to 30 days (about four and a half weeks).
- The repayment process depends upon the lender.
- Also, it is crucial to have assistance in the process as it might be confusing. Therefore, having a professional can help you in the process, from preparing the documents to getting all the requirements right.
Thus, you now have a brief knowledge of how to get a loan for liquor store. You can now start your venture without the worry of financing it.